Sunday, April 1, 2012

Outdoor Season Has Begun

I haven't posted in a while since I haven't had much to talk about.  I figure I will post so Ashley can stop bugging me about it =).  I competed this past weekend at Ole Miss, I was a little disappointed in how I threw.  I threw 66.52 or 218'3 in my first hammer competition in almost 4yrs.  Coach is telling me it wasn't bad, but I felt that for as tired as my legs felt I could have still gone 68m this past weekend because I didn't hit one single throw.  I kept running into trouble on my entry the entire meet where I couldn't get it moving fast enough to do much of anything.  Their ring was a little slow which was some of the reason why I couldn't get my entry moving, but the main thing is my legs, mainly my hips, felt really tired.  I suppose it was from doing my heaviest squat workout I've done since I've started training again that Sunday and I didn't recover out in enough time.  Right now we are still in base in the weight room and on the throwing field but the high reps should start to taper down in the next few weeks. But that's enough excuses...

My best year as a collegian I threw 63m when I opened and 5 weeks later threw over 72m, so I am not too worried about where I am right now.  We are going to tweak some things in my weekly routine for this week and see if that helps when I compete this Friday.  Coach has had me doing similar training to Jeneva but I will be going back to my old training routine from my collegiate days with some minor changes by yours truly and see if I will recover on time for meet day.  Practice has been going pretty decent though.  My practice marks are pretty close to what they were in college and a lot of them are even farther so that is promising.  The only area in my mind that I am down training wise is my squats, but I had a 600lb squat today that wasn't too hard so the power is coming back slowly.

So far in my weight loss I've lost 20lbs since March 1st, so I am still about 30-40lbs from where I want to be this year for hammer, but if my performance starts dropping I will have to stop losing and stay where I am.  So far I have been getting stronger and throwing farther in practice so I will keep at where I'm at.

Anyway, I am running off of 3hrs of sleep so I am going to get off of the computer and go ahead and relax for the rest of the day.  I will try and update again soon.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment